Sunday, June 14, 2015

Book Review: Confessions of a Queen B* (The Queen B*, #1)

EndofDays Confessions of a Queen Bee
by
Crista Mchugh
(Website|Twitter)
Alexis Wyndham is the other type of Queen B—the Queen Bitch.

After years of being the subject of ridicule, she revels in her ability to make the in-crowd cower via the exposés on her blog, The Eastline Spy. Now that she's carved out her place in the high school hierarchy, she uses her position to help the unpopular kids walking the hallways.

Saving a freshman from bullies? Check.

Swapping insults with the head cheerleader? Check.

Falling for the star quarterback? So not a part of her plan.

But when Brett offers to help her solve the mystery of who’s posting X-rated videos from the girls’ locker room, she’ll have to swallow her pride and learn to see past the high school stereotypes she’s never questioned—until now.

4star
**Thank you to the author, Crista_McHugh for giving me an E-arc of this book in exchange of an honest review**

Well, Color me surprised! I loved this book! I keep saying how contemporary books are not my cup of tea, but when I decided to actually pick and read one, I never get disappointed. I mean who wouldn't like a book that used Justin Bieber as a horror reference?
“Oh, sweetie, if I wanted to torture you, I’d go all Justin Bieber on you”


Owned me completely. JK.


Honestly, this was a light and easy read, managed to finished it in 2 days and it made me reduce my sleeping hours, to think I'am on a night shift, talk about Priorities.

Alexis Wyndham was just a simple student, well until her best friend-Summer Hoyt, betrayed her, by stealing her diary and reading all her hopes and fears aloud for everyone in school to hear and make fun of. That all was for the sake of her getting to the top. Now I keep a diary or a journal or anything you might want to call that. I write a lot of things, embarrassing and personal things not meant for everyone to hear so it's a pretty big deal to me. I don't even know what I will do if someone did that to me, that is the easiest way to destroy someone's confidence publicly. Good thing Lexi isn't going to be brought down by that, so she decided to be the Queen Bee-tch.
“I was hard.
I was cruel.
I didn't let people get to me.
I was the Queen B.”
She exposes every wrong doing on the school by posting it on her blog- The Eastline Spy. Apparently people on the school follow her blog, so yeah if you want exposure, Lexi and her blog is the best bet you have.

Her being the Queen bee made her not a target to anyone, the disadvantage? She's isolated.
“The result was a wave of lowered eyes and hushed whispers as I made my way to class”
I wouldn't mind that though, if I had a gay guy and an inked and pierced girl as a friend that always got your back, how cool is that?
“She and Richard exchanged glances and said in unison, "Fuck buddies.”
Yep, totally uncensored.

I didn't have an awful high school life, although I won't call it a happy and enjoyable experience, it was.. boring. Nothing happened much, wake up, go to school, study, chat and go home. But ofcourse, the "chat" time I had with my friends are totally crazy and uncensored too, it was all because of those - Stupid teenage hormones made this story a bit more realistic for me.

Oh, not to mention, the hot quarterback guy on the story. I mean, what is it with quarterbacks being hot and handsome by default? Well, not that I'am complaining. Brett Pederson, is the famous quarterback in the story that ends up being partnered with Lexi to procreate a mechanical baby as part of their science project. That's when the romance started.

If you hate insta love and love triangle crap, then I'am happy to say that Confession of a Queen bee didn't end up like that. Lexi was indeed attracted to Brett and a little obsessed on his smell, yep smell, but would you blame her? Ofcourse teenage girls tend to get attracted to guy with great appearance and smell but I mean those traits are enough to make you a freaking celebrity on a highschool, being a little bit of a jerk helps too.
“God gave men both a brain and a penis and only enough blood to use one at a time” he replied matter-of-factly
Yeah, I might be crazy but it just add to him being lovely in my eyes and all.

He's not afraid of Lexi, he doesn't even thought he can end up in Lexi's blog, maybe because he know he's not doing wrong, he's confident, he can cook, he's close to his sisters, can handle mechanical babies without a problem and a closet geek.
“Something rolled in my stomach when I realized what I was doing. I'd drunk the Kool-Aid and joined the cult."
Yep, it didn't take long for Lexi to fall for Mr. Quaterback.
“As I drove off, I half-expected to see somekind of superhero cape flutter around Brett's shoulders"
I enjoyed every moment of this book, I was entertain with Lexie's bitchiness, Morgan and Richard's sarcasms and Brett and Lexi's banter with each other. I'am not sure if this gonna be a series or what but I am really hoping so because Lexi and Brett's romance doesn't just end up that way.

Once again, this is a light and easy read, don't expect a lot of action and kick ass things - this isn't a fantasy novel, but you can expect a lot of bitchiness and smartass comebacks that is a page turner.

Warning: This book has a lot of cussing and sex talk, you know, Crazy hormones, but no real action.. If you know what I mean.**Wink

Final Verdict:
Highly Recommended.
“Note to self: Win the lottery before having a kid”
What a strong statement.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments :) Just so you know, I love comments! I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)