Saturday, October 3, 2015

Book Review: The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore

The Fate of Ten
(Lorien Legacies #6)
by
Pittacus Lore
Genre: Young-adult, Fantasy, Sci-fi
The sixth book in the thrilling, action-packed, New York Times bestselling I Am Number Four series! For years the Garde have fought the Mogadorians in secret. Now all of that has changed. The invasion has begun. If the Garde can't find a way to stop the Mogs, humanity will suffer the same fate as the Lorien: annihilation.

There is still hope. When the Elders sent the Garde to Earth, they had a plan—one which the Garde are finally starting to understand. In the climax of The Revenge of Seven, a group of the Garde traveled to an ancient pyramid in Mexico known to their people as the Sanctuary. There they awoke a power that had been hidden within our planet for generations. Now this power can save the world . . . or destroy it. It will all depend on who wields it.

4star

"I wonder what will be left of us when this is over, Six. What we will be like"

"If there's anything left of us," I reply. "Big if, at this point"
So The Fate of Ten, 6th book in I am Number Four Series. Seriously, this is one of the few books that no matter how tired I'am at waiting yearly, I still can't get enough of it. I just have to get my hands on the new releases, every freaking year. How can I not? I started this series when I was in college and I never get the chance to move on. Sure, I get disappointed along the way, but seriously, no matter rant I do, I'm sure as hell still going to read the next book, I'm sure, I'm still going to anticipate for the next release, like I know I'm going to do now that I finished Reading this book.


What I learned after reading the other 5 books, is that, every book in this series is a total page turner, and this book is no different. I think it's kind of unfair how I spend a YEAR, waiting on the next book, only to finish reading the book, a month after it was released. and that's me pushing it, totally struggling just not to finish it right away.

description

The Fate of Ten, is told on a dual POV between Four/John and Six. Oh, actually Ella's got the chance to have her own POV, but it was only once, and short, majority of story was an alternating POV between the 2 strongest Garde. John is scared as shit, after what happened to New york, after the invasions, everyone is almost loosing hope. The appearance of the human Garde isn't much of help, mostly because each and everyone of them are still scattered throughout the world and not everyone are willing to volunteer, signing in to save the world.

There are a lot of things that happened, and I want to say it all, but I can't because this is the kind of book that readers will perfectly enjoy without reading any spoilers, I know because this book left me shell-shocked, I can't believe that... happened. There's a reason why the healer doesn't have to fight on the front-line, they're supposed to be a support, so when someone get hurt, they can be healed right-away, I learned that on a few games I played and some war-animes I watched, and I must say, what happen in this book, proves just how smart and effective that tactic should be. Well, I really can't blame them, aside that them being basically kids, they didn't have time to regroup and make tactics, plus, they're a little bit short with man-power.

The Garde is at war. Well technically, they have been at war for a long time but hidden, now.. no more hiding. It's an all out war, this has becomes everyone's war and everyone's going to suffer with loss. This is the beginning of the end.

I'm still not sure if this is going to be a 7 book series, I may get tired with the waiting, and get disappointed at times on how the story goes, but I can't deny that this book is still enjoyable, each and every book in this series, that is. I can't wait to see this book to end, not because I don't want to wait anymore, but mostly because, I just want those kids to have the happy ending they deserve, I want them to live happy on earth, **Whispers poor John, to settle down and to end the war.

I'm just going to end this review w/ this GIF, which is basically me, after that cliff-hanger and that ending.

description

Book Links:






Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes.









Author Links:
Website|Goodreads|Twitter|Facebook


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments :) Just so you know, I love comments! I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)